Astrology of Now: Battle of the Geminis

September 4, 2019

Jacob Rees-Mogg takes it lying down.

Like much of the country, I was glued to the TV last night as the British Parliament took back control. It was theatrical.

The cabal of profiteers sitting on the front bench, who currently control the Conservative party and government, visibly deflated and began to fray.

The odious Rees Mogg, (“leader of the house” no less) actually slid down the front bench, looking like a peevish tween who’s been ticked off by nanny. Prime Minister Johnson blustered, fumed and rumpled like a cartoon baddie. You could almost see the steam coming out of his ears and the thought bubble with lighting and squiggles above his head.

Meanwhile on the other side of the House, Corbyn rose to the occasion and his usually irritating schoolmaster act was pitch perfect. Soubry was magnificent as always, dominating the Conservative party, who bayed at her like hunting dogs. Lucas gave a storming speech, and on it went.

You’ll be pleased to here that every single one of the leading actors I’ve mentioned so far was born under the sign of the Twins. Yes, Geminis to a woman. And there you have some lovely astrology. As I said in Gemini’s horoscope, the massive T-square in the sky is pointing at YOU.

This is a classic astrological technique. When you have a T-square in one quality – this month it’s mutable: Jupiter in Sagittarius, Neptune in Pisces, and the massive stellium in Virgo – look to the missing sign, in this case Gemini. They will be under pressure, releasing pressure. As we saw last night, it can go either way… depends how you respond to it.

Gemini’s ruler, Mercury, who rules communications and with Gemini especially the spoken word, was conjunct the Sun much of yesterday — and part of a stellium with Mars and Venus. Speeches mattered, words were weapons. I’ve just read that Rees Mogg’s nasty little speech actually had the reverse effect from the one he intended: members of his own party crossed the house to get away from him.

I refer you also to the piece I wrote in May, about the Conservative party. This is very serious for them — and possibly terminal.

For the benefit of my non-UK readers. The result last night was that the legislature (parliament) took back control from the executive. Today they will try to force through a law stopping a “no-deal” Brexit. This is ironic since, of course, the Leave campaign slogan was “Take Back Control”.

However, this is going to be a busy fortnight, with twists and turns daily, sharp corners and S-bends — leading up to that dynamic, dramatic Full Moon in Pisces on September 14.

current affairs, Gemini, news, politics, UK

S.J. Hunt said:

This is brilliant! It was indeed pure theatre yesterday. I see that they are now looking at October 15 for the GE. If they can even get sufficient backing for one October at all!

Yes — A bit of Uranian activity around mid-October means it would be anyone’s guess. 31 Oct looking quite unlikely as Brexdate.

Faye Blake said:

Yes riveting viewing! I can’t get on with anything.

Pat Neill said:

What a fiasco! The dispositers of every one of Boris Johnson’s planets is Mercury (sadly, Mercury at its worst I’d say!)

He’s really bitten off more than he can chew.

44 and counting said:

The past five years or so are going to becoming an astrological masterclass. You just couldn’t have written the demise of our political system under Pluto in Cap any better. The twists and turns and how we got here have been amazing.

If we have another GE, I’m at a loss as to who to vote for. No way I vote Tory so they can be empowered until 2024 to sell off more of the country to their rich mates. Corbyn I liked at the last election but he has just increasingly come across as power hungry always bleating about having an election – until now when he seems unwilling to have one. The LibDems shot themselves in the foot with that coalition gov’t where they gave into Cameron’s austerity BS. Doesn’t really matter though as my vote doesn’t count as I’m in a staunchly Tory area.

What I dream of happening … and I’m not sure whether there is time … is that *many* Independents stand at each by-election. That they nail their colours to the mast as Remain, Leave with Deal, Leave No Deal or whatever plus a bit of their other political belief. I’d vote for the one I most align with and I suspect a Parliament of 200+ Independents would get somewhere better than the self-serving bunch in there now. Of course whether it would work as a system I don’t know but it can’t be any worse than now.

Vesta said:

People are desperate for an election to get the Tories out which is what Corbyn has been responding to. It’s reported as ‘power hungry’ by our rabid toxic press, obvious reasons. You probably already understand by now why the delay – to make sure no deal is off the table. It should be law very soon, by early next week anyway. Otherwise, it would be possible for Johnson to promise no deal is off the table, everyone agree to a general election, only for Johnson to change his mind again. That can’t happen. Yes, it’s complicated and not easy to report. Not for our press anyway.
I have never had to vote tactically before, but I’m hearing it might be an idea for some. You might hear of something in your area.

Vesta said:

This might help https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1169171491495337985?s=20
It’s about to be further complicated if Johnson puts forward a vote of no confidence in himself (as reported in tonight’s news). I’m not sure what it means, no one does, but it looks a bit no-deal by default.
Of course, if your life doesn’t change no matter who’s in government, that’s great, you’re very fortunate. However for many people, myself included, our lives are on the line. It’s a matter of survival. It’s very difficult to hear people use tabloid language and repeat their tropes, ‘power hungry’, as if it’s true, and fail to see the Tory power grab right under their nose. They’re not exactly subtle, as we see in the photo at the top of this article.
A scattered left/progressive vote means a Tory win. Something else to think about. If we want to get out of this mess, we have to all come together. I have no idea how we’re going to do that when there is so much tabloid-manufactured loathing towards Corbyn, the most powerful leader we have and the one person we should unite behind. If I sound angry, it’s because I am. It’s frustrating. I don’t know how to challenge propaganda, it’s too powerful. People absorb it so it becomes part of their identity. Challenging propaganda then feels personal, like an attack. I don’t know how to disrupt that. I don’t mean any offence in my comments, I just feel like crying. This is such a dangerous time, and people aren’t seeing it. It’s terrifying. If we do leave with no-deal, we will have food shortages after two weeks. A fortnight. Is Corbyn still ‘power hungry’ ‘bleating about an election’? Or do you want to eat?

sb said:

“If I can repeat a lie enough times, eventually it will be believed” – J Goebels

I think that if I hear anything enough times I will believe it – even the truth!

Its amazing how the tories and press have convinced the working class that they are not working class but are rich. And that the policies that are good for the rich are also good for them – when its not.

Its also amazing how the elite can tell the truth such as “trickle down economy” and people misinterpret this into something else. The elite love to tell you like this, something to do with their karma from what I can gather. The point is they quite literally mean it – trickle down! (gully sucked up).

44 and counting said:

Jo Johnson – Boris’s younger brother just resigned as a Tory MP.

Siblings – another bit of Gemini symbolism.

Yes. Very interesting and faint echoes of Miliband.

Angelena Boden said:

Great piece. I find my relationship with the Geminis in my life very fraught. In fact I’ve dropped one on the grounds of not being lied to. As a capricorn, I find this mutable energy exhausting at the best of times.

Angelena Boden said:

That should read.. Being lied to!

Moonperson said:

I wonder if there is a collective noun for Geminis?

Vesta said:

This photo has gone viral. Some are saying it’s going to haunt the Conservatives.
I have barely been able to keep up with the twists and turns. The major stellium in Virgo is in my 12th house, I am having trouble sleeping, either too much or too little. The t-square is in my natal chart too, so maybe that’s why? I’m being mega-whammied?
I think we’re definitely watching the Tory party die. I can’t see a future for them. What room is there for sociopathic capitalism in the face of climate crisis? Sociopathic capitalism got us here. There’s nothing for the Tory party to pivot to, they tried everything. Now they’ve given up and just going for a smash and grab, same as GOP. They’re going to take the money and run.
Will the other parties form an alliance? Put tribalism aside, cooperate, get us out of this? They really should. If they don’t, they’re a threat to our survival. So the next question is – do we need this kind of government? Again that’s pluto in Capricorn I think? Lots of ideas for alternatives, but personally, I like Corbyn, I like the ideas his party have right now, more to be announced soon, especially Green New Deal. I really don’t care whether anyone likes him personally or not, we don’t have that kind of time to squander. Focus on the politics. His are among the best in the world right now, and that’s no exaggeration. There are only a handful of people inspiring everyone right now, Corbyn, Sanders, AOC being chief among them.

Jane said:

Might be very interesting to look at Dominic Cummings chart. He is a Sagittarian with a very mutable chart. Eight planets in mutable signs, although only Saturn is in Gemini. 25th November, 1971. He has five planets in Sagittarius…..including judge Jupiter. Many say he is pulling the strings, and I’d say he’s also channelling the chaos of Jupiter square Neptune and helping to create mayhem.

Also, Donald Trump and Mike Pence are Gemini politicians. Viktor Orban is another Gemini….Matteo Salvini is Pisces, as is Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Macron is Sagittarius. There are probably more, but this mutability and chaos seems to be a bit of theme of our times.

Rollan McCleary said:

With so much going on and so many people involved, it’s easy not to see the wood for the trees. However I think the wider issue behind the pressure upon especially Gemini and Geminis is quite simply a threat to democracy in the symbolic home of democracy. Gemini is the vote, the voice, the choice, the argument, the division as between lower and upper house, church and state etc.

Like it or not, the fact is that parliamentary elites and certain remainer interests have been threatening democracy ever since the Brexit referendum. Refusing to accept what a majority wanted, and democracy requires majorities win and minorities agree to lose, the minority has been protesting ever since they know what is better, that those who voted for Brexit didn’t mean it or didn’t understand it etc on and on. The latest is talk that Bojo is a tyrant who denied parliamentary freedom and rules, which he hasn’t as he had every right to prorogue a parliament as the law has now confirmed. Ironically, some of those who charge Bojo in defending what the public voted for with tyranny are supporters of the same Jeremy Corbyn who is not just an objectionable anti-Semite but ho goes on record as declaring that hell on earth, North Korea, as being some kind of ideal working out of Socialism. The man is a super eccentric that only the deluded should or would listen to.
The current confusion is to a considerable extent (especially this year) a conflict of democracy (Gemini) with Globalism (Sagittarius) and ordinary people don’t on the whole want Globalism; but leaders who support the latter don’t scruple to push for it by lies (like those elites greatly exaggerating the economic harm Brexit could impose) and sheer stealth in ways I won’t go into but which can be so underhand and unpleasant it brought me to poetry itself (here for those interested in vers de circonstance https://wp.me/p2v96G-1kp). I can only say beware. Many years ago Sybil Leek, a witch who popularized astrology in UK, warned that people misunderstand Aquarius. It is not just freedom and groups, it can incline to extreme dogmatism with some tyrannical imposition. At the end of the Piscean era where perhaps exaggerated dream takes over, people need to be wary they are not throwing away democratic liberties in a way that prepares a not so free and attractive big brotherish Aquarian NWO.

S.J. Hunt said:

Interesting argument however perhaps this whole revolution is not about preserving the status quo (democracy after all was invented more than 2000 years ago in Greece for the benefit of male property owners only – it was not universal). Perhaps what we are seeing here that ‘democracy’ as we have come to regard as holy is what needs to change to become something more inclusive. That we move away from the idea of win or lose and start finding new models of cooperation which recognise the views of all – not just those who ‘won’, especially where it is clear thar an almost equal number do not agree. I believe this is the current message to humanity all over the world, be it climate, be it Brexit, be it immigration. It’s time for us all to start to recognise that we can’t have it all our own way, we have to accept that people with different views also have a right to be heard, and we must WORK TOGETHER to solve our problems. As above, so below, astrology is showing us what we need to learn, not just to solve political issues but to ensure our survival on this planet! With the rainforest burned to cinders we will find out just how necessary oxygen is.

Rollan McCleary said:

Yes….but don’t let’s create problems and then try to over them up when they hit us. This is what has happened in places like Germany where Globalist Merkel has brought in so many migrants (even she has finally admitted some degree of mistake in this) there are numerous unnecessary problems and there’s worse in Sweden where some incredibly high number of women report assaults to the point there’s fear to go out at night but the average citizen or journalist is in danger of the courts, accused or bigotry or “racism” if they dare point out what’s happening which is an obvious embarrassment to half blind political leaders. I subscribe to many of the opinions of (Cancerian) Douglas Murray (author of “The Strange Death of Europe”) that Europe is losing grip of reality and certain basics, a situation I would regard as last gasp Piscean era confusion rather than the wonderful Aquarian diversity/individualism some would hope that it was.

S.J. Hunt said:

I think we have to agree to disagree as I don’t see it as black and white as you do. I have lived in the EU for more than 30 years and from my perspective it simply doesn’t look the way you and the British press portray it. I still believe that all these ‘crises’ are asking us to start listening to one another instead of simply repeating our own standpoint. Through cooperation and inclusion we can move forward, but I realise that change of that order is scary and its much easier to blame outside forces rather than ask the question: who does this serve?

Rollan McCleary said:

Yes, we must agree to disagree but before leaving the topic I’ll stress I look from outside, from Australia not Europe which btw is traditionally under Gemini hence liable to divide and find its best workings in democratic forms. Also I look at this as a published author on gay issues and, as touched on in a recent article https://wp.me/p6Zhz7-66 which draws some distinction between gay and queer, I would stress people need to realize what the diversity and difference they favour supports. Behind it is the alternative proletariat, a coalition of the aggrieved on a neo-Marxist basis with origins in Frankfurt School philosophy. Gorbachev years ago declared the EU the European Soviet and Globalist Merkel, raised in Communist East Germany, is a good representative of its spirit. Talking freedom, neo-Marxism through law and cultural action and witch hunts progressively throttles the freedoms many, like yourself, almost lightly dismiss as merely patriarchal from ancient Greece. Democracy isn’t perfect for sure, but show us the alternatives. Does one of them work? Would you care to live under them? Out Sept 17th, Douglas Murray’s “The Madness of Crowds” looks to be timely in addressing a lot of the new and angry faux freedom and diversity politics. Like him one maybe has to be gay to recognize what people are embracing to their long term disadvantage.

Chris Wright said:

Like many , whilst the Tories carry on like a Marx Brothers comedy, the reality for all in UK as well as Ireland is becoming scarier by the minute. For even if Boris Johnson sinks beneath the waves, we ourselves are also sinking. Where are the lifeboats?
Hooray for Captain Spaldingy, Hooray,hooray,hooray. ????