A Live Astrology Reading from Hong Kong

February 11, 2019

I had a lot of fun in Hong Kong, and did about a zillion readings — every  single one of which was fascinating. I’m not kidding. There’s nothing like going half-way round the world for getting a fresh perspective. This was my way of kicking off the year with Jupiter, the teacher, in Sagittarius, the gypsy: travelling and sharing knowledge.

The Four Seasons Spa invited me to be Master of Wellness to kick off Chinese New Year, and to give members and residents some insight into what 2019 might hold for them. I am truly grateful; they treated me like a travelling dignitary.

Mimi, the head of hotel PR, made a 10-minute film of a reading with the editor of AsiaSpa Stephanie in the Aqua Room. What you can’t see here is the tremendous view across Hong Kong harbour; nor can you smell the wafty spa fragrances or quite see the quantity of enormous crystals collected in that space…. or see the look on the faces of the staff behind the camera when we started talking about the eclipses.

It gives you a flavour of how a consultation with me begins to unfold. I made sure I knew nothing about her before we sat down, since I don’t like to have any possible personal bias. Indeed, one of my rules is “don’t google the client”. When I already know someone or have heard of them, I do have to go through a kind of mind-clearing ritual, so I can come at the consultation fresh. Of course, with people already in my field of care, that is existing clients, the accumulation of knowledge creates ever deeper readings.

Of course, as soon as the camera was switched off and we cleared the room, we got to talk about the grittier detail — and yes, what I’d said up until then was true.

This was one of the workshops I held in Hong Kong, January 2019.

This was one of the workshops I held in Hong Kong, January 2019.

, , , ,

astrology, Videos

Mia said:

Sounds like you had alot of fun in Hong Kong – I’m fascinated astrology can give insights into what 2019 can hold for us without the astrologer googling them!

A good reading has to happen in the moment, between you and the client. A consultation is based on that synchronicity, that moment in time too. You have to trust that the right things will become evident, since there’s so much information in a single birth chart.

This is why serious astrology is also a feat of memory. In order to allow the moment to flow, you need to have all the astrological information in your brain.

I don’t like to over-prepare the person’s birth chart either, as that takes away from the flow. What is important is to know the general astrology of the year ahead and have that in your mind and memory ready to unpack during the reading.

I like Geoffrey Cornelius’ book The Moment of Astrology in which he discusses this phenomenon — even though he is mainly talking about horary.

Then if you see a client repeatedly, maybe over several years, you accumulate layers of perceptions that create a profound richness of understanding.

BTW. That first comment is sarcastic I hope…?

Denise said:

Am i the only one who cannot see this video? It will not play.

Natasha said:

I, too, am having difficulty getting it to play.

Hmm I wonder if that’s because it was a Facebook livestream… I’ll have a look.

Iris said:

Suspect so Christina, I had to go to fb to watch it. Here, to play the video it required me to give fb access to various things I didn’t want to give it access to.

Sorry. FB is pain.