Astrology of Now: Authenticity, Integrity, Valour

October 11, 2018

Vassilissa the Beautiful in the forest of Baba Yaga by Ivan Bilibin

Vassilissa the Beautiful in the forest of Baba Yaga by Ivan Bilibin

We are just six days into the Venus Retrograde in Scorpio –– and already you may have faced a situation that tested your integrity, questioned your authenticity or required emotional courage.

Each of us is likely to be challenged during this retrograde (Oct 10-Oct 31/Nov 1) in Scorpio; Oct 31/Nov 1-Nov 16 in Libra) – and the right thing to do is to be your authentic self. This is about stripping back to the essence.

People may take action motivated by jealousy or revenge, of course, but just as likely they may simply have different values from you, or even just a void where the values should be.

What are your essential values? And are they the same as the other person’s?

If not, don’t feel you have to give up part of yourself, but you may need to give up some fripperies. It’s time to get down to that central core.

Astrology of Now, Scorpio, Venus, Venus retrograde

I was not thinking about the storms and floods across Europe and the US when I wrote this, but clearly some people are literally having a great deal more than their fripperies torn away. Note that Venus Rx is in a wide trine to Neptune in Pisces, and Jupiter is still in Scorpio — water signs both.

Mary said:

I am paying extra close attention to this retrograde period. September was a dreadful month: my elderly mother suffered a health crisis, Florence nearly flooded us out, and I eventually needed to see a doctor about the chronic insomnia that had taken hold of me. On October 5, just minutes before Venus began her retrograde journey, I was informed that a minor fall had fractured two of the metatarsal bones in my left foot; thus I will be hobbling about in an ortho boot for six weeks –pretty exactly the retrograde period, which will end quite close to the 27′ Libra placement of my natal Mars. All this retrograde action happens in the second house of my chart; I am crossing my fingers that no unexpected financial issues emerge, because I don’t think I have the energy to deal with anything more. Literally and figuratively hobbled, I plan to use the downtime to read extensively, write, and perhaps binge on all of the films I’ve missed from the past ten years.

Vesta said:

Tough one for me, but I’m having a tough year. 🙁

I was thinking the other day, I should do my values again. I did them a few years ago, I’m wondering how/if they’ve changed, if I’ve changed after the u/plu years and my chiron return.

I don’t know if it’s this or another aspect, but I’m finding it easier to look at past hurts and find forgiveness. I’m not actively trying to do this, they’re just coming up. It feels organic, like I’m ready to do this. Maybe it’s neptune, if old hurts are dissolving.

Ooh! Will I finally lose this Jupiter weight? Please say yes! I want it to fall off without any effort! My essence is svelte. lol 🙂

Rachel said:

With a Scorpio stellium, I am really feeling this retrograde and yes, common values are something that have been on my mind a lot recently. Christina, could you please elaborate on what you mean about having to give up fripperies? Thanks.

I meant things that are not essential really, but specifically also things that are specifically Venusian — sugar, lace, scented soap, being nice when someone’s mean, putting up with things through politeness.
But I think for some this may be things like clean sheets, a shower that works, dinner on the table… different depending on your situation.

Aqua said:

I’m feeling a terrible feeling of dread, that we are repeating the apathy of the last referendum as we stagger towards Brexit.
Im deeply frightened of what that will mean for our nation, for peace in Europe and globally, and for Climate Change.
Im so aware how easily distracted we all are myself included, but I can feel these scorpionic values so intensly now as it traverses my 9th and 8th, this is now our collective re evaluation, destroy ourselves, or survive, and thrive.

I know marching is not a particularly effective means of making one’s voice heard, but I’m going on that demo on March 20th.

“…everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity….” Yeats, The Second Coming

It’s not inevitable, but apathy is not the response.

Aqua said:

Hey I too am going on that march! Perhaps we can meet in the middle to say hello?

Im giving out flyers about it all next week and Ive written to Corbyn and his accolytes, signed inumerable petitions, donated money etc…sigh, Im running out of ideas.

The apathy Im seeing is both on the street, but more worryingly,in the political parties that supposedly represent more than half of the uk who is now Remain.
This ongoing fog and lack of clarity, escapism and evaision that Neptune in Pisces represents is the devil …

Talking of neptune hopefully a good nights sleep will re optimise me.

As many have pointed out, it’s depressing that no one is being properly investigated and prosecuted for the Russian interference in the Brexit campaign. Even in the US, there is the Mueller investigation.

Aqua said:

Yes, its depressing and frankly outrageous. Perhaps the Skripal poisonings and recent cyber attacks will bring it back into focus.

Unmystic Mom said:

Hi Christina,
You had written some very insightful articles on Brexit earlier, both when the Referendum results were announced and when Article 50 was triggered.
DO you have any astrological insight on how bad it is going to get for us after March 2019?
Also, on a separate note, it has been suggested that we (the world, not just the UK) are overdue for a recession. Do you see any particular signs of what to expect this time around?

Yes to recession. And I was thinking just yesterday that we were due for another look at Brexit, the UK chart etc. Just FYI, at Brexit-time trSaturn opposes the UK Moon just as Pluto is doing now. But I want to look back at previous occasions when that happened before writing a full post. This country’s economy does seem very tied to the Saturn cycle…