Astrology & Fashion: Papess Rihanna

May 11, 2018

This year’s Met Gala theme was Catholicism.

This year’s Met Gala theme was Catholicism.

Pop mogul Rihanna strode into the Met Ball dressed as a She-Pope a few days ago — and she looked awesome, in the true sense of the word.

Indeed, she appeared to be channelling the goddess herself.

And no wonder — truly she is blessed by the gods of beauty and mystique. She has a lovely conjunction of Moon (allure) and Venus (beauty) Rising in Aries, the sign of the pioneer, the warrior. She is always brave in her fashion choices — and so on point. And look at Neptune, the god of glamour himself, right on her Midheaven.

And, of course, we are in a Pisces-led fashion decade with all things fishy, including Rihanna herself, ahead of the pack, or should that be school.

Finally, Rihanna is never afraid of spreading a little chaos and controversy — and there is naughty Eris (who threw the apple of discord) right on her Ascendant.

Chart is from astro.com

Chart is from astro.com

The theme this year was Catholicism — perhaps appropriately with Jupiter (planet Pope) making sweet angles to both Neptune in Pisces and Pluto (power) in Capricorn.

But let’s face it, if you want to be Queen of the Fashion world, you need to pay attention to the king of the solar system — look at what Rihanna wore when Jupiter was in Leo (2015), surely an homage to Leonis himself.

Rihanna, glorious at the Met Ball 2015

astrology, fashion

Vesta said:

Cardinal chart angles, same as me. She’d have been hit by the uranus/pluto squares. Plus she has Uranus and Saturn at 0 Capricorn. Whew. Maybe her Pluto in Scorpio sextile transiting pluto helped her? I’m guessing, I have no idea. 🙂

I don’t remember her being like this before, so this must be her transformation. She was a victim, and now she’s a goddess.

I don’t think I’ve transformed or anything, I feel like I’m in limbo. Oh well! 🙂

Iris Horsey said:

Very apt

Iris said:

Where is her Lilith I wonder. Early in her career producers tried to package her as a sweet feminine sex symbol, long hair and plaintive love songs. She instead chopped off her hair and recorded some wildly raunchy, sexual tracks to define her own path. Or maybe that’s the Saturn/Uranus conjunction in Cap. Overturning the rules on a regular basis. Defining her own image. Very much her own boss.

Iris said:

Oh Lilith is at 20 degrees 42 Leo H5. Opp Ceres in Aquarius- can we do that sort of aspect with Lilith? Seems like a subversive and regal, sexuality. I mean look at that Papess, she kind of defies us with her gaze. It’s not come-hither exactly. It’s like a dare.

Definitely not “come hither”! Very much “I dare”!

Acquafortis said:

I have seen the video of her as a she pope and it was pure beauty!

Horoscopes

Horoscopes

These monthly horoscopes have been called "the most thorough and visually exciting" on the web -- by my Mum (just kidding). I can't remember who said that actually, but thanks. To see and read what we're talking about and to find out how to subscribe, click more below.

In order to fund this site, I will be charging from now on, but I'm sure you'll find the fee reasonable. Obviously, blog posts are still free.

I do love personal consultations.

I talk to people as far away as New Zealand, Hawaii and the Phillipines thanks to the wonders of the web. Oh and my friend next door pops in for an update every now and then. If you come in person, you do get a cup of tea and possibly a biscuit, as well as an astrological conversation, of course, but most people consultations take place via Skype or FaceTime.

To find out about booking and fees, click more below.