Podcast: Your Month Ahead (Jan 20- Feb 18)

January 19, 2019

This month’s astrology podcast comes to you from a kitchen in overcast Guildford. Sally and I discuss the upcoming eclipse, Mars, why Aquarians are so very cool, and I reveal my ignorance of royal fertility cycles!

Kick back, put your eye mask on, and pour yourself a Cosmopolitan — Jupiter is in Sagittarius.

astrology

Mia said:

Definitely agree about Aquarian being so very cool! – my sisters & I are Aquarian’s & we are all rebels in our own way plus I was born on Valentines day!

Happy New Year Christina & Sally.

Denise said:

Very interesting, thanks! And of course, the February new moon brings in the lunar new year – no wonder you talked so much about beginning things!

Gilly said:

I can’t agree about the lightening feel. I love Capricorn. Capricorn = Christmas, New year. Aquarius is February, always the direst time for me. I dread this time of year.

Doug said:

Aquarians so cerebral egoless and progressive has some common themes with service like Virgo , but generally more broadminded. However ; I enjoy them more as friends.

Yes, def similarities with Virgo. Interesting that they are quincunx.

44 and counting said:

I find all quincunxes have a point of commonality that is key to resolving them … Cap-Leo – leadership … Gemini-Scorpio – finding out info (superficial and deep) … Taurus-Liba – beauty … etc, etc.

Doug said:

Also ; Aquarians and Vitgos are ruled by mental planets. That’s why you see mercury conjunct. Uranus people have a kind of genius about them.The term ‘ mercurial ‘ really applys here ; as long as it’s kept stable. ( it can be a little bit like nitro- glycerin. )

Good point about quincunxes

Doug said:

Aquarians and Virgos can be aloof and are not very good with emotional stuff ; they tend to see it as distracting and holding back progress.They are the Mr. Spocks of the zodiac.Virgos are more overtly critical though.They can be tough to be around if you like tactfulness.

44 and counting said:

I heard of Marie Kondo for the first time this past week. She is the guru of the moment on decluttering your life and home.

From what I read it is about evaluating each possession for whether it is something that brings you joy and if not, freeing yourself from it.

Sounds very Uranus in Taurus to me.

Doug said:

Almost seems to have the effect of Scorpio ( elimination ) , but perhaps more suddenly ; more like crash and burn.(maybe those hoar
ding reality shows will go off the air finally.
, by the way I forgot to mention the venus conjunct Neptune Christine in the Mary Oliver post.A true sign of a poet.Joni Mitchel also has this conjunction. I not familiar with Mary Oliver, but we could use more like her these days. I enjoyed her observations of nature in the Summer poem. Have a good day !