Excavations

June 9, 2018

Coming to you, rather sternly I see, from deepest Cornwall, with some ideas about some long-term aspects.

archaeology, astrology, Jupiter, Pluto, Pluto in Capricorn, Videos

44 and counting said:

I’ve been excavating my past this year. With my dad dying I’ve spent a lot of time with my mum and hearing lots of stories from past as well as clearing the loft, cupboards and garage to get rid of the stuff he’d hoarded. North node is going through my 4th house so this is a double whammy for reconnecting with family, friends and relatives I haven’t seen in years.

You also mentioned reading old diaries and I was reading mine from 1996 last weekend. Lots of memories and it detailed all the names and faces from that time but there was also one mention of a woman who I quite fancied at the gym but hardly ever spoke with. So you can imagine my surprise when I spotted her today for probably the first time in all those years – now married of course. This kind of synchronicity happen to me a lot but doesn’t seem to have any point to them.

Synchronicity is often like that: there’s no obvious resounding meaning.

I think it’s because we only understand one tiny corner of how things might connect or what they might mean. But there are threads of connection through these small things.

Experiencing much synchronicity suggests to me that you are in the flow.

Severne said:

Great place Christina.
Going over lots of boxes and doing a major clean up as we get ready to move (Sat transit in VI).
And just participated in a lovely webinar about the South node in synastry earlier today!

Robert van Steensel said:

Was digging into the YouTube video’s from the pyramids in Bosnia. My body resonating with certain parts of the underground tunnels. After sharing this experience somebody I did not know pointed me at the book Magicians of the Gods from Graham Hancock. All about the past of humanity, what we have forgotten through the floods 10.000 BC and all these sites build with huge stones all over the world.

Gilly said:

I wonder if Pluto in Capricorn is behind what I hear from a very good friend,a professional, working archaeologist, who says the profession is dying, that our heritage is being destroyed at a frightening and increasing rate as discoveries on building sites are not being reported to prevent delays, then quietly ruined to hide the evidence. Money rules, and there is very little of it for plain, academic archaeology; only digs that are expected to eventually make a profit get proper funding. Old school archaeologists are being forced into retirement and replaced by people motivated by money and ambition rather than the love of history and discovery. I’ve watched my friend become unwell – very tired and depressed by what’s happening around her on a daily basis. All her love for her work has gone; all she thinks about is retirement.

44 and counting said:

You’ve described what’s happening in just about every profession – teaching, nursing, policing among others. Experienced professionals leaving the job because they’ve got tired on the focus for results and targets backed up with paperwork instead of being able to just get on with the job.

I’d say it’s connected to Pluto in Capricorn along with a generation of Pluto in Virgo managers putting the focus on efficiency, health&safety and squeezing the joy out of the job. It’s shadow Capricorn to do a job for money and ambition rather than a love of it.

One of the things I notice is how often there are campaigns to *inspire* people to take up sport, to stay healthy, to go into teaching/nursing/army or whatever. I’m tired of how often I see celebrities and others saying “I’m doing this to inspire others” – I just have a feeling the message gets watered down when you tell people that you’re trying to inspire them. Truly inspirational people never mention it.

Gilly said:

44 and counting, as a Virgo Pluto with a planet-packed Capricorn, I shall endeavour not to take your comments personally. 😉

44 and counting said:

Glad you haven’t. For what it’s worth, I’m Pluto Virgo with Cap-MC and heavy saturn.

Note that I said it’s shadow-Capricorn to do stuff for money and ambition.

Cappys like David Bowie, Anthony Hopkins, Rowan Atkinson show it’s possible to do it for more than that.

Virgo Plutos — a self-deprecating bunch perhaps.

🙁 Yes. Archaeology is like everything else, ruled by money. Do you watch The Detectorists?

Gilly said:

I love Detectorists. My archaeologist friend won’t watch it. She says it glorifies detectoring when most of them are a venal bunch – treature hunters – who steal artefacts out of context and destroy the archaeology in the process and making a show out of it only encourages others to do the same. I just enjoy the comedy, but appreciate that her professional rage takes the fun out of it.

There’s a subplot about venal archaeologists on a building site.

I love it too.

Gilly said:

There’s a subplot about venal archaeologists on a building site…
With the fabulous Tim Key as the chief archaeologist desperately trying to warn Andy not to draw attention to the mozaic. I tried to get my friend watching it on the back of that one scene, but she’s adamant that 99% of real-life detectorists are a shower of **** and she’s having none of it. 😀

Vesta said:

I’m finding it easier to let go of old stuff. It’s like the attachment I had to them has faded. I’ve always been sentimental and kept things to remind me of people, times, events, which is lovely, but it feels like it’s all dragging me down. I listen to Gretchen Rubin’s Happiness podcast and she talks a lot about creating space, eg an empty shelf, which is forward looking. To me, it’s an invitation to the future, things to live for and look forward to. I don’t live in a mansion! I can’t archive everything, so out they go.
Also, I’m not the person I was before the uranus/pluto squares. That person has gone, so maybe that’s why my attachment to things I used to treasure has gone too. They’re not treasures anymore.

Horoscopes

Horoscopes

These monthly horoscopes have been called "the most thorough and visually exciting" on the web -- by my Mum (just kidding). I can't remember who said that actually, but thanks. To see and read what we're talking about and to find out how to subscribe, click more below.

In order to fund this site, I will be charging from now on, but I'm sure you'll find the fee reasonable. Obviously, blog posts are still free.

I do love personal consultations.

I talk to people as far away as New Zealand, Hawaii and the Phillipines thanks to the wonders of the web. Oh and my friend next door pops in for an update every now and then. If you come in person, you do get a cup of tea and possibly a biscuit, as well as an astrological conversation, of course, but most people consultations take place via Skype or FaceTime.

To find out about booking and fees, click more below.