Astrology of Now: On Such A Full Sea

June 10, 2017

The Ninth Wave — Ivan Aivazovsky

The Ninth Wave — Ivan Aivazovsky

“There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat,
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures.”

Julius Caesar, Act IV, Scene 3

We are at an unusual astrological point right now. The two rulers of watery Pisces  — Jupiter and Neptune — are standing (apparently) almost still in the sky — one just turned direct and one to reverse next week.

Jupiter also rules the sign of Sagittarius, which had its annual Full Moon last night. The tide is indeed high. Emotions are large — overwhelming, beautiful, scary.

These two mighty gassy balls have energies that are not dissimilar. In fact they can work together well — and now they are in a very tight aspect — just one degree apart — which will hold until well into July. But this coming week is the only time when they are both direct. On June 16, Neptune turns retrograde.

The aspect is a strange one: the “inconjunct” or quincunx of 150°. This is awkward, interesting, creative, irritating; it forces an adjustment. It joins together two signs which have little in common — in this case Jupiter is in Cardinal Air Libra and Neptune is in Mutable Water Pisces. But because they have little in common, they have much to teach each other — and they must find the qualities or values or ideals, bigotries or biases that they share. When we mix air and water, we might get gentle rain, the heavens’ release.

So this quincunx broadly connects ideas and emotions, justice and compassion, politics and idealism, art and imagination, romantic love and universal love. This is a moment for the collective, but your own canvas may go from tiny watercolour to vast expressionist chef d’oeuvre. If you are an artist or a lover, you may want to lose yourself for a while in this full sea.

In The Mood for Love. There is never a bad time to watch this beautiful, romantic movie again, but there are peak times — and this is one. Listen to the soundtrack here.

But if you have any planets or angles near 14° in mutable or cardinal signs — Aries, Capricorn, Cancer, Libra, Pisces, Virgo, Sagittarius, Gemini — then you are likely to feel this huge shift in currents personally. That’s a lot of people.

So one large planet turns backwards and the other turns forwards. Imagine two huge liners churning the oceans: we are caught in the chaotic turmoil, that space between where everything stands still for a moment. Take a pause in that flat water that happens in the middle of the chaos. What is beautiful? What is good? Where is love?

Allow these two contrary currents to work together. Libra and Pisces (at their best) are the signs of peace — and different kinds of love — Neptune and Jupiter — compassion and generosity. Pay special attention around June 19-20 when Venus in Taurus, the planet of love in her own sign, gives this aspect even more momentum.

Soon the tide will turn and we will need to take it at the flood.

Ramadan Karim.

astrology, Astrology of Now, Jupiter, Neptune

soab said:

I’m feeling a change, but its only because of the election result yesterday I am sure. Still I am more optimistic now. I also yesterday had a reply letter from a debt collection company yesterday that indicates that they are no longer going to pursue collecting the debt ie no longer any need to pay them (he he ha ha). I have Pluto, and Moon at 13/14 of Virgo, and Chiron at 13 of Pisces. Stange because I was thinking the day before that the game is rigged against everyone; shows there is hope.

soab said:

And on monday it got better as the same company sent me a letter explaining that the mark they have been putting on my CRA will be removed; and as they admit it should not have been there or placed by them in the first place.

Hooray!

soab said:

I agree. But on a side note why do you block tor?

What?

mike said:

“Wonderful Life” ( Colin Vearncombe aka Black)
Here I go out to sea again
The sunshine fills my hair
And dreams hang in the air
Gulls in the sky and in my blue eye
You know it feels unfair
There’s magic everywhere
Look at me standing
Here on my own again
Up straight in the sunshine

No need to run and hide
It’s a wonderful, wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It’s a wonderful, wonderful life

The sun’s in your eyes
the heat is in your hair
They seem to hate you
because you’re there
And I need a friend
oh I need a friend
to make me happy
Not stand here on my own
Look at me standing
Here on my own again
Up straight in the sunshine

No need to run and hide
It’s a wonderful, wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It’s a wonderful, wonderful life

I need a friend, oh I need a friend
To make me happy, not so alone
Look at me here

No need to laugh and cry
It’s a wonderful, wonderful life

Wonderful life
Wonderful life

My favorite version by Smith & Burrows: youtube.com/watch?v=bypdakHeSfY

Thank you!

Thank you! I love this version…

mike said:

To gild the lily:
youtube.com/watch?v=5ulQJGohbwA

mike said:

I’d also add June 24th as a day of peculiarity, as Moon will conjunct Mars @13* Cancer, squaring Jupiter, trining Neptune…same day Venus trines Pluto, while Jupiter is approaching square to Pluto.

Vesta said:

Lovely post, and replies. 🙂
I felt different when I woke up today. Lighter. I realised there’s hope, and I didn’t have to fight for it or reach for it, it’s there. I haven’t lost myself in a book or a film for ages. I’m looking forward to it.
Thanks!

Anne Whitaker said:

I loved this post, Christina. Will Share!

Horoscopes

Horoscopes

These monthly horoscopes have been called "the most thorough and visually exciting" on the web -- by my Mum (just kidding). I can't remember who said that actually, but thanks. To see and read what we're talking about and to find out how to subscribe, click more below.

In order to fund this site, I will be charging from now on, but I'm sure you'll find the fee reasonable. Obviously, blog posts are still free.

I do love personal consultations.

I talk to people as far away as New Zealand, Hawaii and the Phillipines thanks to the wonders of the web. Oh and my friend next door pops in for an update every now and then. If you come in person, you do get a cup of tea and possibly a biscuit, as well as an astrological conversation, of course, but most people consultations take place via Skype or FaceTime.

To find out about booking and fees, click more below.