Astrology of Now: My Eye

November 30, 2016

The winged eye — Sol Niger. From Philospohia Reformata by Mylis 1622.

The winged eye — Sol Niger. From Philospohia Reformata by Mylis 1622.

I thought I’d share some down-home astrology with you today. The Sun is squaring that gassy giant Neptune for a couple of days (November 30-December 1) — and I find myself semi-housebound with an eye infection.

Neptune is pretty much on my natal Sun right now, which is also my chart ruler.

The significance of the eye is that the Sun is one of the two “Lights” (the other being the Moon), traditionally associated with the left and right eyes. The Sun is, of course, the dexter eye, and this is where my stye is. Neptune is associated with poison and infection.

Indeed, the whole of the right side of my face feels a little swollen and swampy.

My Polish neighbour has just told me to rub my eye with a golden ring! Maybe the Sun is the cure.

If you are receiving this via Feedblitz, I apologise if there are ads. I am trying to get rid of them before sending out the horoscope link later today.

about this blog, astrologers, astrology, medical, Neptune, Neptune in Pisces, practical astrology, Sun

Eleonora said:

I wish you a quick recovery Christina! Such a magical transit, really. Feel free now to fall in love with yourself, a bit. 🙂

I am actually much enjoying the Neptune-Sun transit — very very relaxing and opening. My only difficulty is anything practical!

I should have noted that Chiron is also stationing today in Pisces! I have taken drastic action and gone to see an actual doctor.

mike said:

I had my first, and hopefully last, stye a couple of years ago. It grew little-by-little each day and became very painful after a couple of weeks. I read online to take a wet washcloth, wring it out, microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or until the heat is just tolerable to the skin without burning, place over the stye and hold it there for several minutes, then repeat once or twice. I did this treatment several times one day and by that evening the stye drained. Was I happy! My sympathy, Christina, but at least it’s only a stye!

emma marlin said:

If you do homeopathy, Pulsatilla 200 is also an excellent stye remedy.

Thank you.

Eleonora said:

Oh, I had my for weeks, too. Then I grew bored of having it, so it dissapeared. (Small advantage when you have too much centaurian energy). But I think, Pisces and transiting Neptune is about self-healing energy, too. Nevertheless, such an infection should be treated professionally.

And enjoy that (otherwise) beautiful transit, Christina! Neptune in Pisces should come easier then in other signs.

eggcup said:

I’ve had three separate styes, all in my left eye, over the past several months, after not having had one since I was a child. Neptune is transiting my 6th house and approaching a conjunction to my Jupiter, and is trining my MC (ruled by the moon). After much trial and error I worked out that they were caused by wiping my eyes with the same cloth used on the rest of my face, so now I make sure do wash my eyes first with a special cleanser so there’s no bacteria transfer. I learned that staph bacteria lives on our noses.

After making this rather simple change my eyes have been feeling much healthier and less red/irritated in general. So in that sense the styes were ultimately very helpful.

Hope your eye is feeling better soon 🙂

Interesting. I am not sure that anyone has done any actual statistical work on Neptune and eye complaints, but Neptune does seem to have to do with vision. Sabrina, who comments here sometimes, mentioned it before.

Catriona Mundle said:

Styes quite often come when one is run down. With Neptune around you could possibly be neglecting your own needs -for nutrition, rest,exercise etc?? Maybe tonics or tinctures could help? Things like golden seal, oregano oil (in minute quantities and heavily diluted) can clean the blood and disinfect.

Thank you — and quite right. I have had quite a few things to take care of.

mimi said:

Today is also New Moon – I’m not saying though that this has anything to do with your ailment.

Get well soon, Christina ! Maybe by 14/12 you should be okay again.

mimi

Joanne Madeline Moore said:

I had a stye a couple of weeks ago. I bathed it with Colloidal Silver [a few times a day] and it cleared up really quickly. [And of course silver is ruled by the Moon]. Hope you are feeling better soon! Jo xx

Maire said:

Hello from a visually impaired vet,

Keep an eye on the face swelling..

In the meantime, Pinch of bread soda in cooled boiled water. Swab liberally with scrupulous attention to avoiding infecting other eye. Good wipe of coconut oil around the eye bones and hopefully it resolves quickly for you.

Thank you. It’s on the up already, but I am implementing coconut tip immediately.

soab said:

soab said:

I think your polish neighbour maybe thinking that gold/silver are antibacterial. Make yourself some colloidal silver/gold. Works wonders. Its not difficult. At least three 9v batteries connected in series by a copper wire. Remember poitive to positive to positive, and the same idea with the negative poles. Attach silver/gold to each end of the wire. dont mix silver gold. Crocodile clips are good for this. partially dangle both pieces in rain or distilled water. A small pinch of water to help conductivity. If silver leave for 45 minutes. Immediately pull metal out, and filter water through coffee filters. Store in jar. Dont allow metal (other metal) near. Have an egg cup full. Enjoy.

soab said:

Correction – a small pinch of SALT.

soab said:

Thinking about it I am having my own eye problems sun @ 8 pisces. Seeing an eye specialist on monday – high oracular pressure.

Hope it turns out OK.

Thank you!

Nancy said:

“Taking drastic action to see an actual doctor” sounds like me. I’m a nurse and only go to them if I’m near death or anything resembling that. I had a bad viral infection recently and went to make sure it wasn’t going into bronchitis (bad cough). My husband said I had to be that sick to even think of going! But, w/ an eye ailment, always wise to get checked out I think anyways! Hope you’re feeling better.