Astrology of Now: Volcanic Forces

October 18, 2016

Volcano

Volcano

Mars and Pluto are having their biannual conjunction — today, tomorrow, and the day after.

Yes, that’s two warriors having a confab in ambitious, driven, earthy Capricorn; the planet of action, Mars, and the planet of the Underworld, Pluto, working together; war plus power.

On the mundane level, watch the Mosul Offensive taking place over these days in Iraq.

If you have planets in Libra, Capricorn, Cancer or Aries at 15°, pay attention. You can move the mountain now — maybe using some TNT. If you have planets at 15° in Pisces, Taurus, Virgo or Scorpio — you have may be able to harness someone else’s power (nicely).

Do watch out for arguments and aggression; secret tensions erupting. The best policy may be retreat — or this may actually be the right time to let it all out. That is up to you.

Sally Kirkman has written a piece about this here. Ambition for Good or Evil.

And Jem Neale over at Chirotic Journal has also had a look at what this aspect means in the natal chart. Superhuman Force.

Astrology of Now, Capricorn, earth signs, Iraq, Mars, Pluto, Pluto in Capricorn

mike said:

This dynamo has the two benefics, Venus and Jupiter in mutual reception, as final dispositors. Reminds me of “The Princess and the Frog”. Mating will be at the top of some lists…LOL.

Gilly said:

Right on my Mercury/Ceres. Thanks for the heads-up! 🙂

sabrina said:

Thanks Christina. It connects with several charts in my family and falls on my 4th…8.30 am EDT was a squeeze (needed to be in 3 different places at the same time). Good news is we got a new stove this morning, after the other one stopped working on my son’s birthday! Will see if it works…carefully…

Watched The Shining — Mars in the Underworld

Sabrina said:

Yeah Mars-Pluto! Thinking about the presidential debate in US under this transit. Also found out the voting center volunteers and personnel now need to be trained in case of a shooting…
I went to a workshop about Purpose-Passion and Play…part of the focus was going back to childhood and remember what we most deeply enjoy. deep root-high reaching branches passages from several writings.
Tonight Yoga-theme is Root chakra! More for 4th house.

Lu Sadler said:

Mars Conjunct Pluto:
Instead of drifting gently onto Mars’ surface, the Schiaparelli Mars lander hit the planet hard — and possibly exploded. That’s the word from the European Space Agency, which says new images taken by NASA show the possible crash site.

Oh dear!