The Wonderland Book

May 24, 2016

Kirsty Mitchell has a magical opposition between Venus in Gemini and Neptune in Sagittarius. Her imagination, rooted in fairyland, branches out into stranger worlds. She is an artist whose brush is a camera.

Birth time unknown. Set for noon.

Birth time unknown. Set for noon.

She is a photographer — a province of Neptune — and she photographs beauty (Venus) in extraordinary, vivid detail. The Wonderland Book, which has taken her five years to make, was created in memory of her mother, a schoolteacher, a reader, a storyteller. Mitchell is a mother-loving Cancer Sun. Her work could be sentimental as a result but not with that steely conjunction from Saturn and detailed Mercury. Cancer is, of course, the sign we associate with memory.

Her mother must have been an unusual woman — Mitchell’s Moon is probably conjunct non-conformist Uranus in Libra in the sign of the aesthete, Libra. And Mitchell is nourished by the strange —  take a look at her luscious website.

Venus is in Gemini now, the fairy realm, and this book feels just right for the time.

art, contemporary art

Iris said:

Such timing, thank you. The grief in this.

…. and the beauty. Notice her Chiron ..?

Iris said:

Oh my, that caught at my breath.

Iris said:

And Pluto squaring those planets in the 10th. She’s made her journey through the Underworld her work and forged a new identity. Incredible.
I got curious about Ceres. She’s just short of 15 degrees in Pisces, so about 3 degrees from Jupiter. Now Neptune is approaching that Jupiter/Ceres conjunction, and – oh, squaring her natal Neptune. Is the book just being published now?
There was this though Christina – it’s so extraordinary. On the day her Mother passed, Uranus was retrograding to her natal Jupiter, just one degree away, and the Moon conjuncted them both.

I got a release about the book yesterday… but a lot of copies have been sold already.

She is so powerfully in tune with her chart…

Sabrina said:

And it was all yellow…how Gemini.

I had not noticed that. But you are so right, Sabrina. I showed her website to my Gemini last night — and she picked out the yellow ones!

sabrina said:

My little one with gemini venus likes it too :). there is a thing with yellow and also her hands, the way she moves them and talks with them. She is probably very crafty.

sabrina said:

There’s some beautiful purple and violet ones. Yellow’s complementary color. There’s the opposition!

Is she doing drawings? The thing I really notice with my dd is that she fills up an entire page with a picture. Her graphic design is very good, so she sees the whole picture instead of drawing in the middle of a the page as children usually do.

sabrina said:

Ohh I was talking about KirstyMitchell as she moved through the video. Her images also fill up the entire space.
dd here is very expressive with hands and does like to paint but still too busy to stay for a long period drawing (aries!). I can see she will like it as she gets older. Another thing with that gemini venus…VERY smooth talker.