I wrote to my friend Anton D’Abreu recently pointing out that the chart for the European Union was under a great deal of pressure during this Mars transit. Later this summer, Mars will station direct at 23° Scorpio nearly conjunct the EU Mars-Pluto conjunction. The Mars-Pluto conjunction exactly opposes the natal Moon in Taurus, which surely represents the stalwart citizens of Europe. That configuration has always seemed uncomfortably like a sign of power concentrated in the hands of the few against the many.
Anton pointed out that the thing happening in the midst of this Mars Rx is the British referendum (June 23) on whether to leave or remain in the Union. His reply, making the astrological case for a UK exit, was so detailed and interesting, I thought I’d pass it on to you.
Anton — as you will be able to tell — has a lot of Virgo in his own chart. His eye for detail is superb.
1) Pluto stationed Retro on April 19 at 17.29 CP – which is well within 2 degrees of the EU’s Uranus/Neptune conjunction. This proximity suggests Pluto’s transit is going to really manifest
2) Pluto on 24 Feb 2017 will conjunct the 5th house Uranus/Neptune conjunction (18.40 CP) — some nine months after the June 23 Exit Referendum. I see the URA/NEP conjunction in this chart as an idealistic drive to change and to a new mindset. As has been frequently cited by supporters and opponents the main strategy of the EU is to reach a United States of Europe. The Pluto transit thus looks set to destroy, or at very least transform, that aim.
3) Neptune will station Retro on 13 June at 12.02 PI which is precisely (0.02) conjunct the EU chart 8th house cusp — I have little knowledge of the significance of retro stations on cusps but this is extremely close
4) Neptune slowing to station will conjunct the 8th house cusp in early June — once retro it will conjunct that cusp on June 24 precisely, the day on which the result of the Referendum will probably be known. I am taking this house cusp transit by Neptune to possibly imply disillusion with shared values though confusion over the finance and investment issues are perhaps more evident.
5) Uranus on 6 May will square the EU chart’s 6th and 12th house cusps — perhaps a signifier that developments will abruptly challenge the EU’s bureaucracy or working methods and its often unstated strategic agenda
6) Uranus, on the very co-incidental date of June 23 2018 will conjunct the EU’s MC — could that be the date the UK officially ends its previous contractual relationship with the EU ?
7) Saturn will retro at the end of July at 9.55 SA square the EU’s Neptune/ASC midpoint and is due to trine the EU chart ASC at the end of November 2016 – could that be a time when relations between a departing UK and the EU are at their most contentious
8) Jupiter R is due to station Direct on 9 May at 13.15 VI — this is only slightly over a degree from the EU chart’s 2nd cusp. You will therefore have in the run up to the June referendum Jupiter opposing Neptune straddling the 2H8H cusps. (I have equated one aspect of the Migration crisis with the Jupiter/Neptune cycle)
9) Jupiter in July will square the EU’s Mercury and shortly after its 5th house cusp — suggesting difficult economic and finance market times possibly impacting the euro. On 12 July, Jupiter trines the same 5th Uranus/Neptune conjunction that Pluto has stationed on – perhaps that is when the exit is formally agreed or commenced by the EU and the UK
10) Mars retrograded on 17 April at 8.54 SA only slightly over the 2 degree threshold from squaring the EU’s 1st house Chiron. It will exactly square that point on 6th May and then again on 18 August. A few days after both those dates, Mars will trine the EU’s 9th house and a few days later will trine the North Node — does that imply the framework for the negotiations is announced?
11) Venus, the MC ruler, conjuncts the MC in the May run-up to the Referendum. On the date of the Referendum Venus will trine the EU’s Pluto/ASC midpoint. At the end of July transiting Venus will oppose Saturn again hinting that August 2016 will be the month where the gloves come off
12) The Sun is the Chart ruler. On the day of the Referendum it will trine the EU chart IC — appropriate enough for the re-visiting of agreements made with the UK in the past. In August it will conjunct the EU’s SUN/MOON midpoint — possibly indicating the reaction of the other 27 members now becoming clear. In mid September it will square the EU’s ASC/MC — possibly indicating decision time on deciding the exit terms to put to the members.
Anton’s website Cycles of History is fascinating. To read more click here.