October Monthly Horoscopes

September 30, 2014

Giotto

Giotto

You may cast sparks from your fingertips and whirl in the the circle of fire.  You may kiss an angel. You may hear the stars singing in silver voices across vast eternity.

You may be struck by lighting, by an idea, by cupid’s arrow.

Grace. Shock. Shadow. Light. Change.

October promises much.

A Grand Trine in Fire. A Mercury Retrograde. Two eclipses.

To all of you two pieces of advice.

For the first part of the month: charm. For the second: imagine.

To find out how it (might) work for you, click here.

Aquarius, Aries, Cancer, Capricorn, Gemini, horoscopes, Leo, Libra, Pisces, Sagittarius, Scorpio, Signs of the Zodiac, Taurus, Virgo

JoBourne said:

The Pisces angel is John Atkinson Grimshaw – a lovely choice for October as it’s called Iris: her Autumnal errand. See his works here: http://www.johnatkinsongrimshaw.org/
I was lucky enough to see an exhibition a couple of years ago at the Guildhall Art Gallery, London.
Reading your monthly horoscopes is always a pleasure for the insight and the visual feast – I especially love this month’s angels, though I think March’s beach images might be my preferred assemblage for sheer quirk and style.

Thanks Jo!

& you know what. I have just realised I actually had a postcard of one of his paintings stuck on the wall for years. The one of a lane in Leeds. Brilliant.

Blue said:

I apologize for posting here on a different topic, but would you be willing to post an analysis of Ferguson, Missouri, USA? I keep thinking something big there (e.g. Riots) is going to coincide with the eclipse. I can certainly appreciate that you may have other interests, but I thought I just might ask anyway. I always enjoy your perspective.

Don’t apologise. You should see the spam comments I get — hundreds a day. Those are off topic! This is about astrology, so I’m interested. I have been thinking about these riots…. it’s clear they are part of the Uranus-Pluto thing and relate right back to the conjunction in the 1960s and the civil rights movement then. You know as well as I do that electing an African-American president was just a bandaid on the wound of race relations in the States… I think I’ll do a post but certain subjects really attract some invective, so I need to be braced.

Blue said:

I will say a couple of things – st. Louis and missouri have always been the home of particularly overt racial strife. Also the contentious relationship of the police to its black residents goes back a long time as well: police forces have been pawns in the state’s politics going back to the civil war. In case you decide to tackle the subject, St. Louis was founded on February 15, 1765 while the nearby suburb of ferguson was founded on November 19, 1894.

Blue said:

Also I think the ferguson shooting coincided with the Supermoon in aquarius and st. Louis is an Aquarius town. As much as the city and the world thinks this story is about a town calledferguson this is really about st. Louis and Missouri (a Leo state). I just think there is a lot here that needs a little more elucidation – an interesting topic for an interesting astrologer!

Thanks for the info. Yes. St Louis is also a place which is quite significant in the myth of America too… so I need to dream on this one a bit…

Blue said:

Yes, I agree. It is also a microcosm of its darker historical strains.

Blue said:

Lastly, I made an error about the year. It was 1764. This is the date of settlement.