At the Astrological Association annual chinwag a few weekends ago, the astrologer Geoffrey Cornelius, author of The Moment of Astrology, showed a chart for Islamic State, the group claiming hegemony across northern Syria and Iraq. His reasoning for this chart was convincing, (the founding of the Caliphate was timed to coincide with the beginning of Ramadan), and the chart itself is really powerful. Here it is.
I wrote about Pluto in my previous post about open enemies. You can see here that this chart is dominated by Pluto, first it is on the Ascendant — and then it rules the Midheaven. Pluto and the Ascendant are also on the degrees of power in mid-Capricorn and of course, the US Sun would be on the Descendant in the house of enemies.
By March next year, Pluto will have come entirely out of the shadows of the 12th house by progression, and it may be possible then to destroy the Islamic State.
• Income from Neptune which rules oil, and Chiron which rules pain, in the second house.
• Jupiter-Moon conjunction in Cancer — irrational faith.
• Mars opposite Uranus — erratic, rebellious, violent.
• Without the outer planets, there are virtually no aspects. This thing is much bigger than the people involved.
• Venus in the 5th, aspected only by Neptune squaring her from Pisces. How does that describe what we’re hearing about rapes and child molesting?
Tell me what you think.