January Horoscopes

January 1, 2014

Benozzo Gozzoli’s Procession of the Magi to Bethlehem. This panel shows Caspar, the youngest Magus, on a white horse

Happy New Year!

2014 promises to be another extraordinary year. We are half-way through the world changing square between Uranus, the planet of revolution in Aries, the sign of the individual and Pluto, the planet of power in Capricorn, the sign of the establishment. This began in 2012 and will continue until 2015.

Every single one of us has been affected by this difficult square. And today’s New Moon in Capricorn was on top of Pluto, activating the dark lord himself. This will never happen again at the birth of a year. It’s important.

The New Moon falls in each of our charts giving us a hint of where we are transforming. Those of you with Sun or Ascendant in a cardinal sign – Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn – may be most obviously affected. But anyone with planets between 8°-13° will feel this energy. If you know your chart, look to these planets especially.

It’s important to remember that, like the Magi, Pluto and Uranus bring gifts too. For example, Pluto can bring power and wealth, Uranus can bring freedom and inspiration. What gifts do you think these two ancient gods may be bringing you this year?

To read your horoscope, click here.

horoscopes

Anonymous said:

Hey Christina,

Happy New Year!

I have the Ascendant at 11’24 degrees in Cancer, so the new moon on January 1 was on my Descendant. This brings new beginnings or changes in relationships.
Also the Uranus transiting my 10th house is opposing my natal Pluto in fourth house Libra at 9 degrees.
Yesterday was pretty intense, in term of thoughts about the future.
The full moon on January 15 conjuncts my natal Orcus at 15 degrees Cancer in my first house. Could you please offer some insight on this?

Anonymous said:

My natal Orcus is at 25 degrees in Cancer.

Thanks for asking, but I have to tell you I don’t use Orcus. The New Moon on January 1 should give you quite a lot of food for thought already though

Gilly said:

I have a lot of planets and points in Capricorn. My Saturn/POF are at 11 degrees. That full moon is the day after my birthday… 2013 has been a tragic and terrible year for me – indeed, for practically everyone I know. The awfulness is still ongoing and I am at the stage of wondering how much more I can take, to be honest.

I am so sorry Gilly. 2013 was really tough. It seems as if so many of us were hit right in the core. I have felt the knife of cold fear in my heart this year. And there are only so many times you can say the words “learning experience” and “it’s a journey”. I notice also that very sensitive people, the canaries, seem to be feeling it (and getting it in the neck) for everyone.

I have also noticed that Jupiter in Cancer has increased the emotional volume so much. Jupiter in Cancer is supposed to be benign but for some of us it has just meant overwhelming emotion.

I believe that the Full Moon is reasonably benign though. although I’m not wild about Lilith there. The real scary one is the New Moon on Jan 1 that we’ve just had. I also think that Venus’ long sojourn in Capricorn this year offers the chance for some healing. Also, Pluto will move off 11 degrees after September and usually those late passes are easier than the first hits. Is Saturn in Scorpio offering you any support?

Gilly said:

I can’t say I’ve noticed any relief from Saturn to be honest – and just checking, I see he’s currently making an exact square to my natal Uranus. That doesn’t sound good. 🙁 I’m quite scared of Jupiter tbh. I can’t say I’ve ever felt a lot of joy from him, and my natal Jupiter is, as far as I can tell, sitting rather pretty, being in Jupiter, conjunct Venus and trine Uranus. Jupiter returns are always fraught; my mum did on the last one; I don’t really look for respite from Jupiter.
I’m a right proper little ray of sunshine today, aren’t I? 😉

Isy Aweigh said:

I’ve gone off “learning experience” 20 years since… 🙂 I used to sigh and remind myself, “It’s all material” but recently a writer friend posted a much sprightlier alternative: shouting “plot twist!” and moving on. I’m going to try that. It seems satisfyingly Aries somehow.

Anonymous said:

Hi Christina,

Happy New Year.

I can’t wait to find out if all those forecasts for the coming year that I have been reading, will come true or not.
Last year was really awful for me, but now I feel a lot better and I believe 2014 is going to be a much better year for me. I feel very hopeful.Somehow uptil now I mostly felt the weighty influence of Pluto and suddenly in the second half of December I started to feel the influence of Uranus much more – for me the sky is clearing up again.

Meanwhile, I would like to wish you and the British people a very DRY year. I think you’ve had enough rain for a whole year this Christmas and in beginning of this New Year..

Best wishes