Venus in Capricorn: Male Beauty

November 5, 2013

Elvis. Capricorn Sun.

Venus is beauty. Capricorn is how these men are beautiful.

Strong brows, kissable lips, a direct gaze.

No wonder, on a cursory search, I found seven of Hollywood’s handsomest ever leading men have Venus in Capricorn. There’s a fleshy, mobile quality to quite a few of these faces – not Paul Newman, of course, who’s beauty has a sheen of cool Aquarian glamour. See what you think….

Brad Pitt. Sag Sun.

James Dean. Aquarius Sun

Paul Newman. Aquarius Sun
Clark Gable. Aquarius Sun
Jeff Bridges. A personal favourite even in plastic sandals. Sagittarius Sun.
Rock Hudson. Scorpio Sun

Humphrey Bogart. Capricorn Sun

Capricorn often goes with a powerful voice. I’ve written about this a couple of times here and here. I note that Frank Sinatra, Edith Piaf, Björk and Maria Callas all have Venus in Capricorn. Here are some more singers.

Justin Timberlake. Aquarius Sun.
Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd before it all went wrong for him. Capricorn Sun.
James Blunt, so airbrushed it’s hard to see him, but still. Pisces Sun, Pisces eyes.
Billy Idol. Sagittarius Sun.

And last but not least, for some fairytale glamour that fellow from Middle Earth.

Elijah Wood. Maybe not classically beautiful but he’s got the
eyebrow thing going. Aquarius Sun

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

earth signs, Venus

Leslee said:

Nice choices, Christine! But I think many of these guys look/looked better older. Just saw Brad Pitt in World War Z this weekend – he looks better now, more lived in. (Maybe I’m just getting old!) I’ve always heard that Capricorns seem older when they’re young – and younger when they’re old. Maybe Venus in Cap works the same way. 🙂

I think it’s true of Cap Sun, so I was expecting a lot of men who had worn very well. But I have to say I think Elvis looked a lot worse and so did Syd Barrett famously, so there isn’t any consistency with the ageing gracefully Capricorn trope when it comes to Venus.

Leslee said:

Ha, yes, I did think of how bad Elvis looked later in life! True.

Sabrina said:

Maybe it has to do with the Asc. Absolutely beautiful at every age was Paul Neuman with Capricorn rising and Venus, Mercury and Jupiter are conjunct the Asc. Elvis had Sag Asc (according to Astrodatabank) and his Jupiter in scorpio has a wide square to Saturn (aging, as you all know).Had he embraced the higher qualities of scorpio time would have made him look (Asc) more interesting?

Anonymous said:

Rock Hudson had sun in Scorpio, Justin Timberlake has sun in Aquarius.

Anonymous said:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Anonymous said:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Anonymous said:

sorry about those extra postings, retrograde mercury kept showing deletions, we LOVE this fabulous astrologer!

It’s OK. I’m blaming Merc Rx for the Sun sign muddle and thanks for the correction. I’ll fix the post actually.

Anonymous said:

What about venus in capricorn women?

Jamma said:

Yes, please tell what it does for women …. I have Venus in Cap in the first, and am eyeing that Pluto transit headed her way … Does this mean total transformation? (if so, hope it won’t have to include plastic surgery!)

I hope not too. I had an astrologer friend – a Pisces – who decided to have a nose job when Uranus went over her Sun!

… and I’m working on the Venus in Capricorn ladies. Just so struck by the men… they just jumped out at me like the Venus in Aquarius supermodels

Anonymous said:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

I’m afraid you overstepped the mark there. Please take your bile elsewhere.

Anonymous said:

you forgot CARY GRANT ! i mean please ! uber cap ! that slogs out your reply dear old anon whowever u are !

He has Venus in Sagittarius/Sun in Capricorn

Jamma said:

And consider Nicholas Hoult, whose Venus is at 28 Cap … he even looked “kissable” as a zombie!

Yeah, he’s also got the brow thing going on and the cheekbones!

Glossy said:

It’s funny what jamma says – I have Venus in Cap and Pluto RX is applying to conjunct my Venus within 31 mins.
That day, June 28th 16, microscopic surgery for me on my nose and the following day a skin graft.

Terresa said:

How about Venus in Capricorn women? Venus in Cap conjunct ascendant here, with Pisces Sun and Aqua rising plus Mars in Aqua.