Astrology of Now: Poison Pen

November 27, 2012

Yesterday evening my daughter told me that her friend has been receiving nasty anonymous notes. These have been left in her desk for about a week.

It is a recrudescence of previous bullying but in a new form. I thought it was a perfect example of astrology in action. Mercury, the planet of communications, is in Scorpio, a sign we associate with poison, but also with lancing a boil. Until the weekend, Mercury was going backwards.

The school takes no prisoners when it comes to bullying, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens now that Mercury has moved forward. It’s upsetting the whole class.

On a different note, but still on the subject of poison. Here’s some pretty straightforward astrology for you. Yasser Arafat, the Palestinian leader, died in 2004, under a nice Jupiter transit to his angle of endings. That was on November 11 with the Sun at 18° Scorpio.

Mercury stationed direct yesterday, when he was exhumed to check for poisoning, at 18° Scorpio.

Oh and Mercury is an actual poison, of course.

Astrology of Now, Mercury Rx, Scorpio

MaryH said:

Wow. As a student of alternative medicine, this post contained some thought-provoking material for me. Poisonous mercury can be made into a potent homeopathic medicine; how indicative of the slippery nature of the substance! In homeopathy, Mercurius is one of the chief remedies to consider for “skin irritations, such as boils.” And how like Scorpio as well, a sign which can be cruel and vidictive, but also noble and transformative.
Best wishes to your daughter and her classmates. Bullies poison the well for all the children in a social setting; I hope the situation can be settled and healed.

Irish reader said:

I live in Ireland and there has been three cases in recent weeks of teenage girls comitting suicide due to nasty online bullying, so I fond this very timely indeed. And awful 🙁

Lachesis said:

Trolling is one thing. This bullying is another. I’ve noticed in the last couple of years how intolerant society is becoming of such wrongdoing, from MPs’ expenses to sexual harassment in the workplace. We live by different codes now – certainly different to those in the 1970s as is very evident from the news. Is this down to an astrological influence? If so, I hope that modern codes and influence help your daughter’s friend, your daughter and all her classmates and I hope that the bully is appropriately punished/given the help he/she needs.

Yes, it’s at the stage that unless justice is done and seen to be done, everyone’s faith in authority and justice will be more or less damaged. Apparently, the teachers have been told today, so I am still waiting to hear what happens.

Mary – thanks for the extra on Mercurio, and it is important to say that Scorpio energy is vital to the cycle of life.

Mimi said:

Very interesting what happened to Mr. Arafat’s corpse.
Christina – I wonder : is there a chart for the Palestinian people in view of the eclipses that are forming in the coming years ??
They are not a nation yet. What time could be used ? Any ideas ?

Mimi said:

It certainly is one of the nastiest things to do, to secretly scare a child in a way like that. Best thing to do is to put it out in the open in the classroom and talk about it (Mercury) and somehow the person who did it will reveal him or herself (Moon – I think – full moon tonight!- and then watch carefully (Pluto).

I hope al will turn out right.

Anonymous said:

Interesting too, re. the recent digging up of Richard III’s body – big old Scorp if ever there was one. Mind you born 2 Oct, 1452, so Libra Sun.

I went out with a quadruple Scorp for 5 years, ASC, Sun, Moon and Venus in 1st house in Scorp. She was brilliant with the abused girls we worked with, and subsequently gained an Order of the British Empire for her work with refugee families. This sign can transform, indeed.

Starjeannie said:

Nick Campion has a book of world horoscopes that I have used for years in preparing annual predictions — accurately. I would post the Palestinian birth data he uses except that the book has suddenly gone into hiding somewhere in my house. I can say, that based on my analysis of that chart, I predict the Palestinians may not survive 2013. As a “people” they are an illusion.

Sabrina said:

Hope the truth comes out and both children (and the class) can learn and heal. It can sure cause a deep impression, especially at that young age, but if the teachers handle it well, It can be a great lesson.
Your last comment about Scorpio Christina, so true.

Yep. D remembers the one nasty note he got at school. He was a little younger! It went like this: Baby! Pig! Baby pig! Salad eating pig!

Of course, we all have to fall around laughing now – but he does remember it was most upsetting at the time.

Isy Aweigh said:

” Scorpio goes where angels fear to tread, cures wounded bodies and broken souls, brings life where there was death…”

My utterly fearless, highly original Scorpio partner has a personal field that cuts the pain of my incurable pain disease. Has since we met. I can’t put into words all the good that he does me, despite the difficulties and dramas that surround his life and ours right now. Your remark brought tears to my eyes and I’m grateful for the language to describe my inner experience with him.

Jennifer said:

Does your daughter have personal planets/ angles in Scorpio? I have an 8th house mars in Leo and its been my personal experience that Scorpio is also where we find strength and fortitude. I hate bullying and bullies, sending positive thoughts for her.

Jennifer – good point. I think Capricorn is also very strengthening. Actually the only point she has in Scorpio is the South Node. But that’s pretty useful placement in these circumstances.

In fact, the class teacher did a Hamlet and performed a play about the incident. My girl took the day off school today and slept and slept. I think she will feel much better tomorrow.