Astrology of Now: When Pluto Struts His Stuff

September 22, 2012

When Pluto walks into town it could be time to retire to the back room with the shutters down and a loaded shotgun. Or maybe just get under the covers and hum a cheerful little tune.

The problem is he’ll flush you out of your hiding place. This is the planet of purging, drains, transformation; of death, darkness and violence.

What’s more even the so-called easy aspects – trines and sextiles – can be unpleasant.

And he’s just turned direct. And he’s squaring Uranus, the shocking planet, in fiery Aries. The violent protests around the world in the past week have the sulphur smell of Uranus-Pluto. The theme that connects the riots in China with those in the Muslim world is the purging of foreigners.

If you have any planets or points at 6° of Libra, Aries, Capricorn or especially Cancer, you may be feeling Pluto now. You may be cowering under the covers. I hope you’re somewhere safe.

If you live in a sane place, then you may be one of the people who actually benefits from a Pluto transit because this is the Lord of transformation. The places he touches in your chart will never be the same again, but did you really want your life to be static?

The Hindus understand the importance of death
in the cycle of life better than any other religion.
Kali, the “black goddess”,
time and change brings death. Her husband
Shiva, covered with funeral ash, lies beneath
her dancing feet, cooling her wrath

The tree falls. Fungus grows, beetles gnaw. The worms come. And one day a sapling is growing in that spot.

You need to get rid of stuff to make way for the new.

Pluto helps you throw it away. It’s up to you to decide what and how much. Look at where Pluto is transiting through your chart. What needs to go? And here’s the thing: Pluto reveals the truth however unpleasant. What needs to be exposed?

In this country, corruption has been exposed in all branches of government and the fourth estate as Pluto transits Capricorn, the sign of establishment, and approaches the UK Sun.

Certain signs may find the purge easier: especially Scorpio, then Pisces, Virgo, and Taurus may even be benefiting from some radical transformation in their lives. Also if you have a strong Plutonian cast to your chart already, this powerful transit may be galvanising.

If you are not in a position of having change forced on you by outside forces, such as rioters or debt-collectors, then count yourself lucky, and think about how you can ride this powerful energy.

Pluto, Pluto in Capricorn

Anonymous said:

Natally, I have 5 degrees Uranus in 8th house Cancer, transiting Pluto in 2nd house Capricorn. Is this all about finances, good or bad?

Don’t forget that Uranus is generational, so everyone born in your year has Uranus around that point… This means that this transit may have less of an effect personally..

Without the rest of the chart, I would not want to be totally definite – but YES you are on the right track. It sounds like it’s about financial security.

However, it all depends on the contacts your natal Uranus makes to your inner planets – Sun, Moon etc. In your case, the Moon placement’s going to be crucial.

Let us know what happens

Royal Jat Georgians said:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Anonymous said:

Help! I have Sun at 7 degrees Cancer and Uranus at 8 degrees, both in the 6th house, plus I have a late Capricorn ascendant. Is there any hope for me?

Anonymous said:

Help! I have my sun at 7 degrees of Cancer and my Uranus at 8 degrees, with a late Capricorn ascendant. Is there any hope for me?

Prospera said:

Pluto has just stationed direct on my Ascendant, in square to Uranus conjunct my progressed Sun in the 4th. I am NOT having a good time. Willing as I am to walk away from my long-term relationship and traverse the continent to a new life 4000k away, NOTHING is happening. Having done everything I can to sell the joint real estate, it ain’t happening. Stuck and in despair – waiting, waiting…

Sabrina said:

Thankful for were I am right now!
My home country (5° Cap Moon- 12° Cancer Sun) is getting ready for elections in a couple of weeks. The sun will be creating a T square (tighter on the side of the country’s sun) so I hope that means change for better., although obviusly not an easy one. Big purge involved for sure.
The one in power has been there for 14 years with not clear opposition until now, and the previous referendums etc have been manipulated shamelessly.
Interestingly, his chart has a stellium in cancer in 1rst H (from the chart I found in the web) with asc @6° Cancer. His contendant has cancer Sun near that stellium. I’m fascinated by their synastry.
At personal level, small revelations and understanding my own reactions and how they affect the ones around me.

Sharon Rose said:

I’ve got Venus at 6 Cancer on the cusp of the 11th. My house is in perpetual renovation (over 2 years now) and I’m starting to burnout. Any suggestions?

@Anon – that Pluto is right opposite your Sun-Uranus. But it won’t cross your ascendant for several years. Everything depends on the set up of your natal chart really.

One thing about a transit like this is that you need to know it’s not going to last forever. Have you come across anyone Plutonic recently?

@Prospera – yeah this transit has been very hard. I’ve been seeing a lot of people in very difficult situations which are NOT of their own making.

What I would say about your particular situation is: Pluto has just gone direct and that could be when everything unblocks.

Pluto purges but it also constipates when it is not working well. In a natal chart for example, it can be an area where we block ourselves or where we are thwarted – and it’s not until we get the significant transit and have a huge purge that things change.

You are on the verge of massive change.

mm said:

Transformation and purge indeed. In addition Chiron is currently sitting at 6 Pisces (in my 6th house) – sextile Pluto, semi sextile Uranus. I have natal Chiron at 6 Sag so between all three of them I’m being hammered into the ground, esp healthwise – and this has been going on now for three years. (I’ve also got transiting Saturn sitting on my Sth Node but thank god he’ll be moving off in the next couple of months.)

I’ve a feeling I’ll look back on this period and see it as a major turning point but right now it’s too close for comfort. It seems the only way out is through.

@Sharon – gaaa. How tiring and I hope your plumbing is working well. Uranus is going backwards now and will turn and go back over that 6° spot (from Aries which must be your 8th house cusp) one more time in February). Then that’s it, you should be done.

However, since it’s on Venus in the 11th I wouldn’t automatically expect that to be the culprit in terms of home improvements. I’d be inclined to look at the transits to your IC and the fourth and ruler of the fourth.

Oh – mm – surely we are getting to the other side of this now. I think the Neptune in Pisces may also be contributing to that too. Take care

And finally @Sabrina. I hope your country gets someone decent in charge.

gawd_almighty said:

I am a sun Pisces with my Saturn at 6º Capricorn, right under transiting Pluto. Curiously, the overwhelming sensation in my life is one of being stuck, of wheels spinning in the sand. Let’s hope Pluto going direct forces things to change.

@gawd – Yes indeed, Pluto can definitely be blocking, and give a rather horrible sense of life being constipated. And that can go on for years and years, so the fact of Pluto moving forward may not be enough to unblock. However, combined with URanus, I think there’s a good chance . Hope things begin to unfurl.

Sally Kirkman said:

hi Christina, excellent blog. I love the fact that when Pluto’s mentioned, you always receive a great response. I think you’re right that in the western world Pluto terrifies us whereas in more spiritual cultures, Pluto is simply a key part of the cycle of life – death – rebirth.
I am still ‘in the dark’ re. my own chart as Uranus is on the ASC/Pluto in the 10th. I suspect I will find out more over the next few months as Uranus completes its transit. The fact that I am a Scorpio no doubt helps as it feels powerful. We shall see…

gawd_almighty said:

And that blocking has been going on for years already – might have something to do with the fact that my ascendant is in Sagittarius at 23º – Pluto has basically been on my case since 2002 or so.