Astrology of Now: Shake That Gloom Off

October 19, 2011

John Singer Sargent: sketch for Atlas

If you have felt especially oppressed, depressed or lonely over that last week or so – rest assured, we’ve just had an especially gloom-inducing Full Moon. It took place a week ago, but I, for one, am still recovering.

The Sun (life force) was joined by Mr. Gloom himself, Saturn, on the day so if you felt an eruption of dread, you weren’t alone. The feeling peaked at the Full Moon itself (Oct 13) but in the two weeks following the vibes are still pretty strong.

I’ve spoken to so many people in the past few days experiencing a kind of nameless darkness that I just wanted to tell you that this will pass.

The upside? Well, it’s a good time to some practical life plans.

If you haven’t felt the gloom then, hey, Saturn is your pal. Lucky you!

Astrology of Now

gawd_almighty said:

Saturn is in my first house. Gloom comes easily to me, though the placement also means that I have learnt to befriend it and be able to shove it to one side, so I can get on with the lighter side of life. But I take your point – there has been a lot of dread around since the FM, and I sincerely hope that next week’s new moon lives up to the hype.

Lachesis said:

Gloom – too right! I even dreamed I was in purgatory (suspended on a platform above a chasm; I have vertigo) when along came someone significant who made himself comfortable and said “looks like we’re going to be stuck here for a while”. No one I know is having a happy time. Is the moon’s influence fading? Seems like it’s sticking around a while.

Opal said:

Thanks for this 🙂

@gawd_almighty – yes I jolly hope so. There is a lovely grand trine coming up.

@Lachesis – that is a truly horrible dream

@Opal – avec plaisir

Beverley Shiller said:

I thought it was just me! Ha! Since I’m at the tail end of my second Saturn return and Saturn is conjuncting my natal Moon and Neptune, I’m so used to gloom and doom I couldn’t tell the difference! It is trining my Sun and Mercury though…..Thank you for your wonderful blog, I check in every day. Beverley

Sabrina said:

I did have a very dark dream! but for the rest, it’s being just busier catching up and getting things done.

It’s being actually a creative time for me. The full moon was exact on my Chiron in 7th, and sun/saturn in 1rst quincunx the sun. I guess I’m just relieved of Saturn finally walking out of my moon/pluto!