Mercury and Uranus Share a Joke

September 26, 2011

My partner makes me laugh – a lot. He has Mercury, the trickster, and Uranus, an even zanier fellow, conjunct on his Ascendant. Today he sent me two emails.

The first contained a link to the Tate gallery in London. To get it click here.

The second contained this message (which I feel may have a significant impact on our relationship.)

“From now on the glass of water on my bedside table will be called:Run Rabbit/Pelican Crossing

Analysing the spatial and metatextual connections between a 1942 NAAFI barndance in Bedford and contemporary pedestrian management systems.This work can only properly be experienced by me when I am asleep.

A 340-page manifesto and manual accompanies the pieceSold to Charles Saatchi for £93747364.”

Mercury, Uranus

Anonymous said:

from now on

the ring around my bath will be known as

Princess Diana and the Quest for Imperfection

Towards a greater understanding of contemporary theories of gender-related grape peeling.

that’ll be a million pounds please Mr Saatchi

KL said:

from now on

my dog’s bowl will be known as

That’ll Be A Million Pounds Please Mr Saatchi

Anonymous said:

From now on

my kitchen sink will be known as

Trip to Venus

Exploring the discourse between household objects and the inner planets on a post-Jungian model

ho ho – gosh I can feel a group exhibition coming on

saturnjourney said:

Libra Sun: is this glass full or empty?

Aries Eris: are you kidding me, where`s the damned tap

Em said:

Ah yes, transubstantiation. Your partner obviously excels at this.

Love it. I think planets rising are always quite interesting and very influential. They can also be quite telling.

@saturnjourney – hee hee. skating over the current eris pop saturn – yikes.

Opal said:

LOL

My Merc/Uranus used to take great delight in defending these kind of works of art in aesthetics/h of a classes. And then sitting back and watching the ensuing mayhem. Oh happy days 🙂

I’ve tried to find the point for years – but Marcel Duchamp did it all 100 years ago and it didn’t need saying again.

Now I feel a swell of such deep boredom rise up when I see some of this stuff in a gallery…

Anonymous said:

From now on

Tuesday will be known as purple

Finding meaning in an increasingly narrow gyre of fatalistic commitment-oriented tension

please can I be part of the exhibition

Sabrina said:

Great you get to laugh together. I’m not surprised your partner has strong uranus/merc. Now I’m wondering what got him to send those emails in first place!

@Sabrina – sshhh, don’t tell anyone, but I think he was procrastinating.