Math Cat

April 18, 2011

Heart is a Scorpio.

My five year old loves our cat, but her idea of bonding with him is a little unusual.

I came upon her yesterday talking to him.

“What’s two plus three?”

The cat said purr.

“Very good. Now, what’s five plus four?”

Purr.

“No silly, it’s nine.”

Purr.

“Try again. Two plus six?”

This went on for some time. Both parties seemed to be enjoying themselves.

But I did think that only a Gemini (chatterbox) with the Moon in Aquarius (brains) in the 5th (games) and Uranus on the 6th house cusp (pets) would try to teach a cat maths.

Aquarius, Gemini

Deb said:

I LOVE Math Cat.

Mary said:

Hmm…my six year-old Virgo, with Aquarius ascendant and moon in the third house, has been known to read books to our pet rabbits. No discernible improvement in our bunnies’ intelligence yet, though.

P said:

Truly an LOL story – I’m surprised your kid didn’t try to name the cat ‘Einstein’.

BTW, Heart really has Scorpio eyes!

Oh, and I love the tablecloth.

Heart is a v. handsome fellow but, oddly, his maths isn’t improving either.

Donna Cunningham said:

I always enjoy my visits to your blog, Christina! My cats were really smart (and always bit) and they were quite a lot smarter at math than I am…but that’s not hard at all. Donna

Jackie T said:

I know of a child with 6 planets and an ascendant in Leo who used to read stories to her guinea pig and pause on each page whilst the pig could enjoy the illustrations.